How do you smoke a spiral ham on the Big Green Egg?
- Insert 1/2 cup maple syrup between spiral ham slices.
- Mix all ingredients for the rub together.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the Egg or your smoker to 225 degrees.
- Bring out the ham 30 minutes prior to adding to Egg.
- Put the ham on the Green Egg!
- Keep heating until around 120 degrees.
How do you heat up a ham on the green egg?
- Setup your Big Green Egg for indirect cooking and preheat BGE to 275°
- Add 3 chunks of smoking wood to lump charcoal.
- Rub the ham with a mustard slather and apply rub to the outside.
- Put ham on roasting pan rack with apple juice and yellow onion in pan below.
- Cook uncovered for 2 hours.
How long does it take to smoke a ham on a?
Place the ham in the smoker. For smoking time plan on about 4-5 hours for a 7 pound ham (if using a full ham – 14 pounds – plan on approximately double that smoking time). Add about one cup of wood chips roughly every 45 minutes throughout the smoking process or less frequently for a milder smoke flavor.
How do you smoke a Kamado ham?
Setup Kamado Joe for indirect cooking at 300 degrees (going to cook at 250 so you always want to start it higher). Once smoker reaches 300, place wood chips/chunk on top of charcoal and mix around with your ash tool. Place the plate setter then grilling grate on top and you are ready to go. Set ham on smoker.
How long should you smoke a spiral ham?
It will take about three hours to smoke a ham at 240 degrees F on your smoker. This equates to about 20 minutes per pound of pre-cooked ham. You will want the internal temperature to be 140 degrees F when it’s completely warmed through.
What is so great about a Big Green Egg?
The Big Green Egg is the highest-quality ceramic cooker on the market. But what are the benefits of a ceramic grill? The EGG’s design allows it to trap heat inside when in use. This means that it’s safe to touch without worrying about burning your fingers.
How long to smoke a fully cooked ham at 225?
Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees f. Place the ham, cut side down, directly on the grill grates. Close the lid and smoke the ham for 1.5 hours.
How to smoke a Ham on the Big Green Egg?
Setup your Big Green Egg for indirect cooking and preheat BGE to 275°
How to smoke pulled pork on a big green egg?
Set grill/smoker for 250 degrees indirect cooking with cherry wood chunks for smoke flavor.
Does smoked ham go bad?
Does smoked ham go bad? Off smell, discolorations, slime, and bad taste are all signs of spoiled ham. Uncooked ham lasts 3 to 5 days if fresh and around 5 to 7 days if cured. Once cooked, it keeps for about two weeks if vacuum sealed and 3 to 5 days once opened or not vacuum sealed at all. If you need to store ham for longer, freeze it.
How to smoke spare ribs on the Big Green Egg?
3 hours in the smoke