Where is default programs in Windows 7?
Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Default Programs. Use this option to choose which programs you want Windows to use, by default. If a program does not show up in the list, you can make the program a default by using Set Associations.
What are Windows 7 default programs?
A default program is the program that Windows uses when you open a particular type of file, such as a music file, an image, or a webpage. For example, if you have more than one web browser installed on your computer, you can choose one of them to be the default browser.
How do I reset my default programs in Windows 7?
How to restore default programs in Windows 7?
- Click the Start menu > Find Default Programs and click it.
- Choose Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- Select the file type or extension you want to associate with a program > Click Change program…
How do I change the default program location?
In the details pane, right-click the ProgramFilesDir registry value, and then click Modify. In the Value data box, type the default location for the Program Files folder, and then click OK. NoteThe default location of the Program Files folder is systemdrive\Program Files.
How do I open all programs in Windows 7?
Instead, click Start to open the Start menu, right-click the “All Programs” option, and then choose “Open” to head to your personal user-specific start menu folder. You can also click “Open All Users” to open up the system-wide Start folder applied to all users.
How do I change the default program in Windows?
- On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store.
- You may want your . pdf files, or email, or music to automatically open using an app other than the one provided by Microsoft.
How do I fix default programs?
Changing Default Programs in Windows
- In the Start menu or searchbar, type “Control Panel” and select that option.
- Select the “Programs” option.
- Select the “Set your default programs” option.
- Individually select each app you’d like to use as a default and click “Select this program as defualt” for each one.
What does set as default mean on my computer?
In computer technology, a default (noun, pronounced dee-FAWLT ) is a predesigned value or setting that is used by a computer program when a value or setting is not specified by the program user.
How do I delete the default program for opening files in Windows 7?
- Click on Start and then Control Panel.
- Click on the Programs link.
- Click on the Make a file type always open in a specific program link under the Default Programs heading.
- In the Set Associations window, scroll down the list until you see the file extension that you want to change the default program for.
How do I change the program location in Windows 7?
To change the registry, follow these steps:
- Start Registry Editor by entering “Regedit” in the search All programs.
- Locate the following:
- Right click on the value named ProgramFilesDir & change the default value C:\Program Files to the path you want to install all your programs in.
- Click OK and Exit.
How do I set D drive as default?
From the book
- Click Start, and then click Settings (the gear icon) to open the Settings app.
- Click System.
- Click the Storage tab.
- Click the Change Where New Content Is Saved link.
- In the New Apps Will Save To list, select the drive you want to use as the default for app installs.
How do I open a default program?
Use the Open With command. In File Explorer, right-click on a file whose default program you want to change. Select Open With > Choose Another App. Check the box that says “Always use this app to open . [file extension] files.” If the program you want to use is displayed, select it and click OK.
How do I set the default ZIP file in Windows 7?
Summary – How to set the default .zip program in Windows 7 from the command prompt. Click the Start button. Type “cmd” into the search field, then right-click the cmd search result and choose the Run as administrator option.
How do I change the default Registry key for a program?
The standard changing your registry keys for default program files installs. Start > Run > enter “regedit” Hit Enter. Navigate on left tree to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion change two values that appear on right frame, as we did before.
How do I restore a zip file in Windows 7?
The ideal, and simplest, method for restoring your default ZIP folder association in Windows 7 is through the use of the shortcut menu that opens when you right-click on a ZIP file. To restore your default ZIP association with this method, right-click on a ZIP file, click Open With, then click Choose default program.
How do I change the path of regedit in Windows?
The 64bit version has two versions of regedit. Make this change as well: 1.) Enter into Start >Run: %systemroot%\\syswow64egedit 2.) Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \\ SOFTWARE \\ Microsoft \\ Windows \\ CurrentVersion 3.) Change the Path in DWORDs ProgramFilesDir, ProgramFilesDir (x86) to the new path, probably just changing the drive letter.