What should you title your resume file?
There will be no way to distinguish it from all the other resumes with the same file name. Instead, use your name as the file name. The employer will know whose resume it is at a glance, i.e., johndoeresume. doc or JohnDoeResume.
How do high school students fill out an application?
Before you start filling out an application, gather all of the information you will need—this is particularly important when completing job applications in person.
- Birth date.
- Social security number.
- Contact information.
- School details.
- Work history (or extracurriculars)
How do you title your CV?
The first part of your CV, positioned at the top of the page, should contain your name, professional title and contact details. Under no circumstances should you title your CV with ‘curriculum vitae’ or ‘CV’ as it’s a waste of valuable space. Treat your name as the title instead.
What should a student put on a resume?
What to Include in Your Resume
- Focus on education. Emphasize your academic history.
- Include relevant jobs. Think about the skills and experiences required for the job you want.
- Include extracurricular activities.
- Include leadership experience.
What are some good skills and abilities to put on a resume?
Hard Skills Examples:
- Computer skills (e.g. HTML, Java, Analytics, MS Office)
- Data analysis (e.g. data mining, data crunching, database management)
- Data entry.
- Marketing (e.g. SEO, SEM, CRO, CMS)
- Project management (e.g. SCRUM, PRINCE2)
- Mobile and Web Development (e.g. iOS, Android)
What should a high school student put on a resume?
For the high school section of your resume, include the full name, the town of your high school, and the expected graduation date. Include your GPA if it’s a 3.0 or above and then make sure to highlight any special courses you take; AP, Honors, and Dual Credit are all great to document.
Should you send your resume in Word or PDF?
Most employers will accept either a Word document or PDF file, leaving the decision up to you. Although both file types have their own pros and cons, PDF is usually the better choice. Sending your resume as a PDF file will preserve the formatting and ensure that the document looks exactly the way you intended.