What does await mean?
transitive verb. 1a : to wait for We are awaiting his arrival. await a decision. b : to remain in abeyance until a treaty awaiting ratification.
How do you express excitement in text?
Whee or ‘wee’ shows excitement or contentment. Whoopee is a longer variant of ‘whee’. Woo and woo-hoo demonstrate excitement, within online communities often referred to as ‘w00t’. Yay may also indicate triumph.
How do you use awaiting in a sentence?
Awaiting sentence example
- Meanwhile, we locked on the television, all evening, awaiting the results of our actions.
- Katie held her breath, awaiting the awful news.
- Resolved, she trailed her father down the hill, through the people who couldn’t see them, and to the awaiting car.
Is awaiting your reply correct?
“Awaiting your reply” and “waiting for your reply” are both correct, the former is more formal and should be used in official or business correspondance. “Awaiting for your reply” is incorrect.
Which must mean almost the same as eager?
Some common synonyms of eager are anxious, athirst, avid, and keen. While all these words mean “moved by a strong and urgent desire or interest,” eager implies ardor and enthusiasm and sometimes impatience at delay or restraint. eager to get started.
How do you express joy in words?
Let’s take a look at some of the phrases, idioms and words we can use to express happiness and its different shades and nuances.
- Pleased as punch. When you are pleased as punch, you are very happy and delighted.
- On cloud nine. You are on cloud nine when you are very happy.
- Jump for joy.
What is the meaning of eager in one word?
The adjective eager describes someone is excited about or impatient for something. If you want to be a doctor one day, you might be eager to dissect a frog in biology. Your squeamish friend? Not so eager. Eager derives from old words meaning “sharp, pungent or keen,” and eager carries that sense of sharpness still.
Is no response a rejection?
When we put ourselves out there by sending people messages on an online dating site (or many), we risk the chance of not getting a message back. But, let me be clear: Non-response does not equal rejection. In other words, the absence of a positive reply — a return message — is not the same as someone turning you down.
What are follow up skills?
The skill of follow-up consists of the mechanics — how to make contact, how often to do it, what to say when you follow up, and keeping track of it all. The art of follow-up lies in the way you go about it — or don’t.
How do you write an application status on an email?
How to Write a Follow-Up Email
- Send it after two weeks. If you haven’t heard back from the employer two weeks after sending your resume and cover letter, consider sending an email.
- Send an email, if possible.
- Use a clear subject line.
- Be courteous.
- Keep it brief.
- Focus on why you are a good fit.
- Ask any questions.
- Mention a visit.
How do you express eagerness?
13 Ways to Be More Eager to Learn and Succeed in Life
- Show Your Eagerness. Express your eagerness to learn more in your workplace.
- Stay Updated. Be it technical or general news, try to be updated on current developments.
- Don’t Stop Developing Your Skills.
- Look for Challenges.
- Learn Lateral Thinking.
- Be Open to New Experiences.
- Start to Be Interesting.
- Gain Initial Knowledge.
Is awaiting a word?
Await is another verb that means to delay in expectation of something happening. Awaiting is its present participle. While await and wait are similar in terms of meaning, they differ in usage. Wait can be used without an object, like in the sentence I am waiting.
Is awaiting for approval?
“Awaiting” means “waiting for,” so adding a “for” to the the phrase is repetitive. “Awaiting your approval” or “waiting for your approval” would be correct.
How do you remind someone to reply?
How do you politely remind someone to reply your email?
- Reply in the same email thread.
- Keep the message simple with a greeting.
- Use polite words and cover all pointers of your message.
- Use an email tracking tool.
- Create an action-driven email.
- Use proper formatting and grammar.
Is eager a positive word?
It suggests anxiety. Whereas “eager” is full of happy anticipation. So the one that has a negative connotation seems better suited to negative contexts, while the more positive-sounding “eager” lends some extra happiness to happy situations.
Is awaiting vs waiting?
The first difference is in the grammatical structures that are associated with these two verbs. The verb ‘await’ must have an object – for example, ‘I am awaiting your answer’. And the object of ‘await’ is normally inanimate, not a person, and often abstract. The verb ‘wait’ can come in different structures.
Is awaiting for correct?
Use of Awaiting: The verb to await is often used in formal, written contexts, particularly at the end of business correspondence. It means the same as wait for but we use await + direct object (without the word for). Example 4: Thank you for receiving me yesterday morning.
What is another word for awaiting?
Will await your call?
English – U.S. I would add that “I’ll await your call” is a bit formal, at least in American English. Therefore it would most likely be used in a professional or business setting. If used casually, between friends, it would probably be said in a joking or sarcastic tone, as it is overly formal for that setting.
What is another word for hoping?
What is another word for hoping?
How do you write awaiting your reply?
7 Alternatives to “I Look Forward to Hearing From You”
- 1 Use a call-to-action.
- 2 I’m eager to receive your feedback.
- 3 I appreciate your quick response.
- 4 Always happy to hear from you.
- 5 Keep me informed . . .
- 6 I await your immediate response.
- 7 Write soon!
What do you say when following up on an application?
Following Up on a Job Application: Phone Script Hello, this is [name], and I’m an applicant for [position]. Wait for a response. Follow their lead, but it may be appropriate to say something like this next: I wanted to make sure you received the application and see if there’s any additional information I can provide.