What certifications do lifeguards need?
To be a certified lifeguard, you’ll need to complete a lifeguard training program and first-aid training. You’ll also need lifeguard, CPR, first aid and automated external defibrillator (AED) certifications. Some experience is necessary.
How much does it cost to get a lifeguard certification?
What skills do you need to be a lifeguard?
- Ability to inspire confidence and calm in the face of a crisis.
- Ability to enforce swimming pool rules in a considerate but firm manner.
- Good eyesight.
- Excellent powers of concentration; lifeguards must remain alert.
- Ability to react quickly and efficiently in a life threatening situation.
Is being a lifeguard worth it?
I think that lifeguarding is a very wonderful summer job, giving you the opportunity to learn skills like CPR and first aid that you can use in and out of the work place and carry with you for life. As for low drowning rates as you call them, that changes all the time, depending on your guests.
Is a 300 yard swim hard?
Swimming 300 yards is a daunting task for many, and it will be less taxing and more physically beneficial if you choose the proper stoke. No particular stroke will be the easiest for everyone, but in general, freestyle will be the easiest way to accomplish a 300-yard swim.
What should a girl wear to a lifeguard interview?
Here’s what she recommends readers wear when applying for a lifeguard position: “So, for a female, I recommend wearing a simple summer dress or skirt (not too short) and a blouse or good looking T-shirt. Save the flip flops for the pool after you get the job. Instead, wear a ballet flat or another sandal.
What is the hourly rate for a lifeguard?
around $14.54 per hour
What do they ask at a lifeguard interview?
- What items do you need for your shift?
- What are the most important characteristics for a lifeguard to have?
- Do you have any prior experience and/or skills that could relate to this position?
- Have you ever had to oversee others?
- If a guest argued with you about pool rules, what would you do?
Can a 14 year old be a lifeguard?
14 and 15 years of age Fifteen-year-olds, but not youth less than 15 years of age, may be employed as lifeguards at traditional swimming pools and most facilities of water amusement parks.
Why do I love being a lifeguard?
“The best things about being a lifeguard are enabling people to take part in sport, being involved in the local community, passing on life skills to kids, being there the first time a mum/dad take a baby swimming and watching their faces, the satisfaction you get when a rescue gets nailed and most importantly for me …
How do I prepare for a lifeguard interview?
5 Lifeguard Interview Tips – Get the job you want!
- Be confident. If you do not believe in yourself, no one will.
- Display good manners and be polite. Lifeguards interact with a variety of pool goers on a daily basis, so being personable and respectful to the interviewer is a must.
- Be flexible with your availability.
- Dress up.
- Be organized and neat.
How do lifeguards get paid?
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Surf Life Saving Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid.
- HLTAID007 – Provide Advanced Resuscitation Techniques.
- Silver Medallion Beach Management (including components PUATAE002B, PUAOPE027A, BSBFLM312C)
Is being a lifeguard boring?
1) Lifeguarding is one of the most boring and stressful job ever. Sitting in a chair and staring attentively at water for hours a day is not anyone’s idea of fun, worthwhile work. Sometimes, you get stuck guarding a pool with only one person in it.
Is it hard to become a lifeguard?
Lifeguard training is underrated in how difficult it is. Of course, you will need to gain a lifeguarding qualification –the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ). The truth is, the test you need to pass to gain your NPLQ is intensive. It requires specialist training in order to be successful.
Can you get lifeguard certified online?
The American Red Cross makes accessing your lifeguarding certification a simple and easy process. We offer digital certificates that can be easily viewed from anywhere via your Red Cross account with simple access to print or share online.
What do I put on my resume if I have no experience?
How to Make a Resume With No Work Experience?
- Structure your document properly. Use the right formatting and elements.
- Present your relevant experience.
- Use the right keywords.
- Add information on your education.
- List your key skills.
- Add extra resume sections.
- Write a compelling objective.
- Compose a cover letter.
How much do ocean lifeguards get paid?
Ocean Lifeguard Salaries
|City of Carlsbad Ocean Lifeguard salaries – 1 salaries reported||$18/hr|
|Ponte Vedra Beach Resort Ocean Lifeguard salaries – 1 salaries reported||$12/hr|
|MWR Ocean Lifeguard salaries – 1 salaries reported||$12/hr|
|MWR Ocean Lifeguard salaries – 1 salaries reported||$21,871/yr|
How many hours does a lifeguard work a day?
Working Conditions Lifeguards usually work forty hours a week. A short rest period is usually allowed each hour. Because pools are open to serve the public, many lifeguards work evenings and weekends.