What are 10 examples of compound sentences?
- I like coffee. Mary likes tea. → I like coffee, and Mary likes tea.
- Mary went to work. John went to the party. I went home. → Mary went to work, but John went to the party, and I went home.
- Our car broke down. We came last. → Our car broke down; we came last.
How do you request something?
- In more formal situations. Excuse me… ….
- Say hello. A “hello” and a smile go a long way! Say “hello” at the beginning of your request.
- Remember “please” and “thank you” “Please” normally goes at the end of the sentence:
- Say “excuse me” If you ask someone who is doing something else, remember to say “excuse me”:
What are the 10 compounds?
List of Chemical Compounds and their uses
- Calcium Carbonate.
- Sodium Chloride.
- Potassium Tartrate.
- Baking soda.
- Acetic Acid.
What are the 4 types of compounds?
Types of Compounds
- Metal + Nonmetal —> ionic compound (usually)
- Metal + Polyatomic ion —> ionic compound (usually)
- Nonmetal + Nonmetal —> covalent compound (usually)
- Hydrogen + Nonmetal —> covalent compound (usually)
How do I write a letter asking for a meeting?
Dear (insert boss name here), I am writing to request a meeting appointment with you at your earliest convenience. I would like to discuss (insert issues here). I know you are very busy, but I would very much appreciate you taking the time to meet with me.
How do you write an example sentence?
e.g. is used to introduce examples in a sentence, so it’s always followed by an example or examples. That means e.g. is usually used in the middle of a sentence and never found at the very end. When you use e.g. in a sentence both the letters ‘e’ and ‘g’ should be lowercase.
How do you politely ask for something in an email example?
Other examples of requests
- I would also be grateful if you could send me … .
- I would therefore be grateful if you could send me … .
- Could you therefore please send me … ?
- Could you therefore send me … ?
- Could you also send me … ?
What are 5 examples of a compound?
- Water – Formula: H2O = Hydrogen2 + Oxygen.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Formula: H2O2 = Hydrogen2 + Oxygen2
- Salt – Formula: NaCl = Sodium + Chlorine.
- Baking Soda – Formula: NaHCO3 = Sodium + Hydrogen + Carbon + Oxygen3
- Octane – Formula: C8H18 = Carbon8 + Hydrogen18
What is compound and give 5 examples?
Examples of some commonly used compounds and their molecular formula:
|Compound Name||Compound Formula|
What are 20 examples of compound sentences?
20 Compound Sentences in English
- I want to lose weight, yet I eat chocolate daily.
- A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
- I used to be snow white, but I drifted.
- We went to the mall; however, we only went window-shopping.
- She is famous, yet she is very humble.
- I saw Samuel yesterday but he didn’t see me.
What is compound explain with example?
A compound is a substance formed when two or more chemical elements are chemically bonded together. Example 1: Pure water is a compound made from two elements – hydrogen and oxygen. The ratio of hydrogen to oxygen in water is always 2:1. Each molecule of water contains two hydrogen atoms bonded to a single oxygen atom.
How do you politely request something?
Here are some better phrases to make polite requests in English:
- “Do you mind…?.”
- “Would you mind…?
- “Could I…?”
- “Would it be ok if…?”
- “Would it be possible…?”
- “Would you be willing to…?”
How do I ask for an appointment by email?
How to request a meeting or an appointment via email? Format and outline:
- Introduction Start your email with introducing yourself if necessary especially if you are sending the request on behalf of your manager.
- State the reason for the meeting.
- Check for their availability.
- Propose a location for the meeting.