Is it OK to not have a job at 17?
Most people don’t have jobs at 17, so you shouldn’t sweat about it. If you think you need to get a job, though, you should go look for one, there are a lot of jobs out there for people who are willing to work hard. That 40 hour per week summer job you worked for twelve weeks is sufficient. But you should have a job.
Do I need a resume for my first job?
You probably won’t need a resume for a basic first part-time job unless the position is an internship. However, it will be useful for you to have a document in hand to promote your background as you network with contacts or make in-person prospecting visits with employers.
What job pays the most for a 17 year old?
High-paying jobs for teens
- Cashier. National average salary: $10.55 per hour.
- Actor. National average salary: $11.00 per hour.
- Sales associate. National average salary: $11.06 per hour.
- Server. National average salary: $11.42 per hour.
- Caddy. National average salary: $11.74 – $15.87 per hour.
- Retail merchandiser.
- Landscape laborer.
How do I write my first resume?
How to make a resume for your first job:
- Pick the right resume layout.
- Make a meaningful education section.
- Focus on your relevant experience.
- Sprinkle the entire resume with your key skills.
- Include additional sections to boost your chances.
- Compose a powerful introductory paragraph.
What is a good first job for a 14 year old?
When looking for jobs that hire 14-year-olds, recruits may want to think outside of the box. You could even start your own independent business doing things like babysitting, floral arranging, dog walking or lawn work.
What is a good first job?
Many young people start out with informal jobs like babysitting, pet sitting, mowing lawns, or shoveling snow. The best way to find a job like this is to check with your friends and family. Also, check with your school guidance office, coaches, trusted neighbors, and just about anyone else you know.
Why is it so hard for a 17 year old to get a job?
It is particularly hardest on the inexperienced or lowest-skill, since employers reason that if they are forced to pay a higher-level pay they might as well get someone with the experience and skills to warrant it.
What is a good first job for a 17 year old?
Top Summer Jobs for 17-Year-Olds
- Sign Up to Be a Lifeguard. Jabe Jon /Getty Images. If you are a teen who likes to swim, then lifeguarding can be a great summer job.
- Working Retail. sturti/Getty Images.
- Become a Restaurant Worker. bo1982/Getty Images.
- Start Working as a Babysitter. asiseeit/Getty Images.
- Golf Course Worker. ranplett/Getty Images.
How do I get my first real job?
How to get your first job
- Set your expectations.
- Network with peers.
- Consider a job for the experience.
- Write a resume.
- Search for a job.
- Prepare for the interview.
- Dress appropriately.
- Follow up after the interview.
How do I write an entry level cover letter?
How to Write an Entry Level Cover Letter
- First Paragraph: Clearly introduce yourself.
- Second Paragraph: Talk about your relevant skills and accomplishments.
- Third Paragraph: Highlight your best qualities and explain why you’re a good fit.
- Fourth Paragraph: Conclude with a call to action.