How do you type an O underline?
If you hold down the Alt key and press O (not the numeral 0) on the keyboard, the Format menu drops down. And then, if you want to activate one of the commands in the Format menu, keep holding down the Alt key and press the underlined letter in the menu list. The underlined letter convention is not limited to Word.
How do I thicken a line in Word?
Change the weight of a line
- Select the line that you want to change. If you want to change multiple lines, select the first line, and then press and hold Ctrl while you select the other lines.
- On the Format tab, click the arrow next to Shape Outline.
- Point to Weight, and then click the line weight that you want.
How do I draw a straight line in Word?
How to create a straight line in Microsoft Word
- Go to the Insert menu.
- Click on Shapes, and select which type of line you want to draw.
- Press the Shift button on the keyboard while dragging the pointer to form a straight line (horizontal or vertical).
- The straight line has created!
- There are plenty of options you can choose to decor the line you just made.
How do you insert a horizontal line in Word 2010?
For inserting horizontal line, place the insert cursor where you want to insert it and head over Home tab, from Paragraph group, click drop-down button and select Horizontal Line as shown below. It will quickly insert a horizontal line in the document.
How do I get the ruler to show in word?
Show the ruler
- Go to View and select Ruler.
- To show the vertical ruler. Go to File > Options > Advanced. Select the Show vertical ruler in Print Layout view under Display.
Where is the ruler on word?
How do I use the ruler in Word?
Click on the “View” tab and then check the “Ruler” box in the Show group to display the ruler. Uncheck the “Ruler” box to hide the ruler. Right-click the “Ruler” box and then click “Add to Quick Access Toolbar” to easily toggle the Ruler command from any view in Word.
How do you underline text on a computer?
The quickest way to underline text is to press Ctrl+U and start typing. When you want to stop underlining, press Ctrl+U again.
What is the normal appearance of a document in MS Word?
With word, you can display your document in one of five views: Normal, Outline, Page Layout, or Online Layout. Normal view is the most often used and shows such formatting as line spacing, font, point size, and italics.
What is insertion point in MS Word?
The insertion point is the blinking vertical line in your document. It indicates where you can enter text on the page. You can use the insertion point in a variety of ways: Blank document: When a new blank document opens, the insertion point is located in the top-left corner of the page.
How do you insert top and bottom lines in Word?
Add a border to selected text
- Select a word, line, or paragraph.
- On the Home tab, click the arrow next to the Borders button.
- In the Borders gallery, click the border style that you want to apply.
Can’t delete a line in Word?
While you can’t use the Backspace or Delete keys to get rid of it, you can still nix that line:
- Click directly above the line.
- Go to the Home tab in the Ribbon.
- Within the Paragraph section, click the dropdown arrow next to the Borders icon and select No Border.
How do you insert a horizontal line in Word?
Insert a Horizontal Line From the Ribbon
- Place your cursor where you want to insert the line.
- Go to the Home tab and then click the dropdown arrow for the Borders option in the Paragraph group.
- Select Horizontal Line from the menu.
- To tweak the look of this horizontal line, double-click the line.
How do I remove ruler lines in Word?
Click the View drop-down menu at the top of Word. Check Ruler to enable the Ruler or uncheck Ruler to disable the Ruler.
How do I change the insertion point in Word?
Manual placement: Once you begin typing, you can use the mouse to move the insertion point to a specific place in your document. Simply click the location in the text where you want to place it. Arrow keys: You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the insertion point.
What is called the insertion point or cursor?
The insertion point—also called a cursor—is the blinking line in your document that indicates where text is inserted when you type. There are several ways to move an insertion point. The I-beam shows where your mouse pointer is. The blinking insertion point shows where your next word will be once you start typing.
How do you make a line when typing?
There are multiple methods to create a straight line in Word, one method is to simply enter the hyphen key three times and hit the enter key, this will automatically create a straight line Alternatively you can replace the hyphen key with an underscore or the equal sign for thicker and double lines respectively.
How do you insert lines in Word?
To add a line, follow these steps. On the Insert tab, select Shapes. Under Lines, select any line style you like. Select a location in the document, hold and drag your pointer to a different location, and then release the mouse button.
How do I change the color of a horizontal line in Word 2007?
Setting line styles in a Word 2007 table
- Select the lines you want to change in your table. The Table Tools Design tab appears.
- Click the Borders command button.
- Click the Style button to set the line style.
- Click the Weight button to set the line width.
- Click the Color button to set the line color.
What is ruler in MS Word?
Rulers in Word do more than measure. The horizontal ruler above the document shows the length of the typing line and lets you quickly adjust left and right margins and indents, set tabs, and change column widths….
What does a line under a letter mean?
An underscore, also called an underline, low line, or low dash, is a line drawn under a segment of text. To produce an underscored word, the word was typed, the typewriter carriage was moved back to the beginning of the word, and the word was overtyped with the underscore character.
What is the typing cursor called?
In most command-line interfaces or text editors, the text cursor, also known as a caret, is an underscore, a solid rectangle, or a vertical line, which may be flashing or steady, indicating where text will be placed when entered (the insertion point).
How do you underline text on Android?
Just highlight the text you want to change, then hit the underlined A icon up top to bring up the formatting options. The tools should stay open until you close them out.24
How do I insert a horizontal line in Word 2007?
Begin by clicking on the Page Layout tab and select Page Borders. Then click on Horizontal Line. Scroll through the list and select a type of horizontal line. When finished, click on OK.
How do I make colored lines in Word?
- Click the line that you want to change, and then click the Format tab.
- Under Shape Styles, click the arrow next to Line. , and then click the color that you want.
What does insertion mean?
1 : something that is inserted: such as. a : the part of a muscle that inserts. b : the mode or place of attachment of an organ or part. c : embroidery or needlework inserted as ornament between two pieces of fabric.
Why is there a black line on my Word document?
The reason is quite simple. Since the “line” is really a paragraph border, it appears at the bottom of the last paragraph that has that format. Select all the paragraphs in your document by pressing Ctrl+A. Choose Borders and Shading from the Format menu.
What is full form of MS Word?
Website. Word Home Page – Microsoft Office Online. Microsoft Word or MS Word (often called Word) is a graphical word processing program that users can type with. It is made by the computer company Microsoft.