How do I turn on WiFi on my Motorola Surfboard SBG6580?
To enable wireless on your SBG6580, you need to make sure that you have it enabled both under Wireless > Basic, and Wireless > Primary Network. Go to each of the two tabs to turn on the wireless enabling.
How do I use my SBG6580 as a router?
How to Bridge a Motorola SBG6580
- Unplug the coaxial cable from the back of the modem.
- Connect a computer to one of the Ethernet ports.
- Open the Web browser; then type “http://192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
- Enter the user name and password.
- Select the “Basic” tab, and set “NAPT mode” to “Disabled.” Click “Apply.”
How do I reset my surfboard SBG6580?
Carefully insert the tip of a pen or an unwound paperclip into the reset switch and press on to it. Hold down the Reset switch for 5 -10 seconds and release it. NOTE: To assure the gateway factory defaults, hold the reset switch for 5 -10 seconds.
Is Motorola SBG6580 2.4 or 5GHZ?
The SBG6580 broadcasts one default wireless network that is switchable between the 2.4 and 5 GHz radio bands using the same Wi-Fi password.
How do I get my Motorola modem out of bridge mode?
Disconnect the coaxial cable from the back of the modem/router. Turn off the modem/router, then turn it back on. Hold down the WLAN button on the back of the unit for 5 seconds and then confirm that the wireless indicator LED is now off. Connect an Ethernet cable between the modem/router and a computer.
How do I reset my Motorola SBG6580 password?
Resetting Password Do the hard reset by holding down the white reset button on the back panel with a pen for 30 seconds and reset default.
How do you reset a Motorola SURFboard?
Resetting the SB6121
- Disconnect the coaxial cable.
- Power cycle the unit by disconnecting the power cord for 10 seconds, then reconnect the power cord.
- Click the Configuration link on top.
- Click the Reset All Defaults button (as shown below).
- When asked, Do you want to proceed?, click the OK button.