How do I give my employer references?
What to Include on a Reference List. When you provide a list of professional references to an employer, you should include: Your name at the top of the page. List your references, including their name, job title, company, and contact information, with a space in between each reference.
What is reference salary?
A notional or reference salary is the employee’s salary before salary sacrifice. A notional salary can be used, for example, to determine pay increases, overtime rates, sick pay, etc. You should make it clear to your employees which salary will be used when calculating benefits.
How do you notify references?
When you give out references to a company, as soon as possible (that day), send your references an email (or call them), let them know who you gave their name to, the company and what the position is you are applying for.
Do you have to put current salary on application?
Not all employers will ask candidates to share their salary history and, depending on the employment laws in your state, you may not encounter the question at all. If an employer doesn’t ask you for this information, there’s no need to include it with your application or during any other phase of the hiring process.
Can I fake references?
Fake references are illegal – if you’re caught. Directly lying is incredibly unethical, and if caught, you could be fired or face legal trouble. Companies rarely sue for lying, but the people you named on your reference list have every right to.
Can HR ask current salary?
Employers can’t ask for salary history. An employer can confirm salary if the applicant gives a pay history to support a higher salary when a job is offered. Employers can’t ask about previous pay or benefits. If they already have that information, they’re can’t use it to set pay.
What do you put for references on a job application?
The 8 Best People to Choose as Job References
- Recent bosses. Current or previous employers speak best about your work ethic.
- Friends… but only if they’re a professional reference.
- Group members.
- Any place you’ve volunteered.
- The person you babysat for or whose lawn you mowed every summer.
- High school teacher or coach you still talk to regularly.
How do I add a friend as a reference?
How do you list a friend as a reference?
- Ensure that your friend can speak to the quality of your work or the strength of your character.
- Ask your friend’s permission to use them as a reference.
- Ask for their full name, professional affiliation, and contact information.