How do I get a low power FM radio station?
How can I apply for an LPFM station?
- The organization’s presence in the community for at least two years.
- An obligation to broadcast at least eight hours of locally-originated programming each day.
- A pledge to maintain a publicly accessible main studio in the community.
How do I start a low frequency radio station?
How to Start a Radio Station
- Apply for a frequency. It may take a long time before you’re assigned a frequency [source FCC].
- Apply for a license. It’s illegal to operate an unlicensed radio station, even at extremely low power [source: FCC].
- Establish a source of funding.
Can I make my own FM radio station?
FM radio stations are basically just two things: a transmitter to create the signal, and an antenna to broadcast it, which means that building your own pirate radio station is actually really, really easy.
How much does it cost to buy a radio station?
The cost of frequency for these non-news channels will be just Rs 50 lakh.
How do I get funding for a low-power FM radio station?
Funding assistance for a low-power FM radio station is available through grants from the U.S. government. These grants are designed to fund up to 75 percent of the construction and equipment costs to build a low-power FM radio station.
What is Grant funding for Radio Free?
Grant funding is limited to Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Radio Free Asia and Middle East Broadcasting Networks. No funding is available for the general public, state or local governments. There are no matching grant requirements for this program.
What is the low power FM channel finder search tool?
The Low Power FM (LPFM) Channel Finder search tool provides potential applicants with a simple means to identify FM broadcast channels that might be available for LPFM stations in their communities. The search tool incorporates changes required by the Local Community Radio Act of 2010, Pub.
Are there any mutually exclusive low power FM applications?
Mutually exclusive groups listed are from Windows I, II, and III. Settlement Period Announced for Closed Groups of Pending Low Power FM Mutually Exclusive Applications Filed in Window IV, Public Notice, DA 03-3009, released October 1, 2003. [ PDF | Word ].