How do I check installation logs?
View the Windows Setup event logs
- Start the Event Viewer, expand the Windows Logs node, and then click System.
- In the Actions pane, click Open Saved Log and then locate the Setup. etl file. By default, this file is available in the %WINDIR%\Panther directory.
- The log file contents appear in the Event Viewer.
Where is install log file?
The default location for the install. log file is: 32-bit Windows environments: Program Files\Common Files\MicroStrategy. 64-bit Windows environments: Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MicroStrategy.
How do I open a .LOG file?
You can read a LOG file with any text editor, like Windows Notepad. You might be able to open one in your web browser, too. Just drag it directly into the browser window, or use the Ctrl+O keyboard shortcut to open a dialog box to browse for the file.
What is log viewer?
The Personal Communications log viewer utility enables you to view, merge, sort, search, and filter information contained in message and trace logs. You can use the viewer during problem determination to work with message and trace log entries.
How do I view a log file in CMD?
Open up a terminal window and issue the command cd /var/log. Now issue the command ls and you will see the logs housed within this directory (Figure 1).
Where are MSI logs stored?
The log file, Msi. log, appears in the Temp folder of the system volume. For more information about MSI logging, see Windows Help. To do this, search by using the phrase “msi logging,” and then select “Managing options for computers through Group Policy.”
How do you read log files?
Because most log files are recorded in plain text, the use of any text editor will do just fine to open it. By default, Windows will use Notepad to open a LOG file when you double-click on it.
How do I view logs in Windows 10?
To view the security log
- Open Event Viewer.
- In the console tree, expand Windows Logs, and then click Security. The results pane lists individual security events.
- If you want to see more details about a specific event, in the results pane, click the event.
How to setup a MSI?
Prerequisites. Note: Some of the switches listed below require the latest version of the Zoom IT Installer.
How to install MSI from command line with administrator?
In the start menu,right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
How to install MSI with silent installation?
– full UI: /qf (this is the default parameter used by the package) – reduced UI: /qr (the user interface does not show any wizard dialogs) – basic UI: /qb, /passive (only a progress bar will be shown during the installation) – no UI: /qn, /quiet (no UI will be showed during the installation)
How to create MSI Advanced Installer?
aiPath is the path,starting from the root of the repository,which contains the Advanced Installer project.