How do I become a VIP protector in South Africa?
VIP Protection candidate requirements
- Valid passport (multiple advantageous )
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Advance driving license.
- Own Transport.
- Valid PSIRA registration.
- Security training certification (Minimum Grade B)
- Close protection training certification.
How much does a bodyguard cost in South Africa?
2 million a month in total. “Each bodyguard costs R71,000 a month, a rented car R22 000, and a driver R35,000,” the paper reported….How much is security in South Africa?
|Security Officer||Areas 1 & 2||Area 3|
|Grade A||R5 986||R5 020|
|Grade B||R5 409||R4 605|
What is a close protection officer?
Close Protection officers are also known as bodyguards. They are a highly trained, specialist security officer who keep people safe from physical harm, unwanted attention and other threats to their safety or privacy.
How do I become a VIP security?
How to Get Started in a Career in VIP Close Protection
- #1 Get a Feeder Job Going.
- #2 Get Some Experience.
- #3 Get Some Hard Skills.
- #4 Get Some Soft Skills.
- #5 Get some Formal and Specific Training in Close Protection.
- #6 Gain Some Industry Knowledge.
- #7 Develop your Network of Mentors & Industry Contacts.
How much do professional bodyguards make?
Salary Ranges for Personal Bodyguards The salaries of Personal Bodyguards in the US range from $10,001 to $237,999 , with a median salary of $42,816 . The middle 57% of Personal Bodyguards makes between $42,819 and $107,629, with the top 86% making $237,999.
Is Bodyguarding a good career?
The work of a bodyguard can be very fulfilling, but is not as glamorous as many people may think. Even though at times bodyguards are exposed to amazing lifestyles and may also get to travel extensively (depending on the client), at the end of the day it’s about protecting someone’s life, not having fun.
How do I become a close protection officer?
Start a successful career as a Close Protection Officer by following these steps:
- SIA Close Protection Training. This is the first step to become a Close Protection Officer.
- Pass the course. 3 Multiple Choice Exams and a Physical Intervention Assessment.
- Apply for your SIA Licence.
- Apply for jobs in your area.
How do I start a VIP business in South Africa?
What you need to register a security company in South Africa:
- Decide which security services your security company will provide.
- Register a company at the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC).
- Register for all taxes at SARS (SARS Tax Clearance Certificate, VAT Registration Number, PAYE Number).