How can I sell my old antique books?
Quick Guide: Selling (or disposing of) old books
- BookScouter.com. A bit of research online will help you evaluate the worth of your old books.
- eBay. eBay’s auction format offers the best possible means of selling old books quickly and easily.
- Local Used Book Stores.
- Thrift Stores.
Where can I find rare books?
Bibliophiles typically hunt for rare books at auction houses such as the Bonhams and Christie’s , online auction sites (PFC Auctions, Sydney Rare Book Auctions, PBA Galleries Biblio) and online retailers ( ). Some have found treasure while combing charity shops, antique dealers, car boot sales and flea markets.
What is the best site to sell rare books?
Top Places To Sell Vintage Books Online
- AntiqBook. AntiqBook has high respect for booksellers, holding them up to a high standard.
- Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America.
- Bibliophile Bookbase.
- Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association (PBFA)
- Tom Folio.
What books are worth a lot of money?
20 Iconic Books You Probably Own That Are Now Worth A LOT Of…
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997), J.K. Rowling.
- The Cat in the Hat (1957) Dr.
- The Hound of the Baskervilles (1902), Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Bible (1600 – 1630)
- The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book (1894-1895) Rudyard Kipling:
What books are collectors looking for?
11 Books Worth A TON Of Money — That Might Already Be On Your Bookshelves
- Any Post-2000 Signed ‘Harry Potter’ Book by J.K. Rowling.
- A Signed First Edition Of ‘The DaVinci Code’ by Dan Brown.
- The Canadian Edition Of ‘The Life of Pi’ by Yann Martel.
- A Signed First Edition of ‘No Country For Old Men’ by Cormac McCarthy.
What kind of old books are valuable?
Where can I buy antique books?
Antique books and rare first edition books can be difficult to track down, until now! LoveAntiques.com has brought a wide variety of antique books together for you, in one convenient location.
How many rare books have been sold at auction?
Lots Sold 86.21% Actual Total (USD) 8,718.75 More Auction Reports There are currently 11,592,631records in the Rare Book Transaction History.
Who are the world’s most popular book auctions?
Their depth of knowledge and global reach have established Sotheby’s as the leading seller in this diverse field with sales from the past five years exceeding $350 million. In addition to books, Americana encompasses pamphlets, letters, documents and manuscripts. These auctions are held in New York and Paris in June and December.
When are the English literature auctions held?
These auctions take place in London in June and December. Some of the greatest treasures and collections of English literature and history from 1500 to the 21st century can be found in our sales of English Literature, History, Private Press and Children’s Books. They are held in London in July and December.