What is a good meat for large crowd?
Cuts of Meat to Feed a Crowd
- Porterhouse. A dramatic steak indeed, a porterhouse is similar to a T-bone but with a heartier portion of tenderloin filet.
- Baby Back Ribs.
- Kansas City Strip Steaks.
- Beef Tenderloin.
- Pork Tenderloins.
- Smoked Brisket.
- Pulled Pork.
- Whole Chicken.
What kind of steak is used for crowds?
Choosing a Cut Voltaggio’s go-to selections for serving multiple people are porterhouse and bone-in rib eye steaks. Unlike a simple filet, which is naturally a very tender cut, porterhouse and rib eye steaks require more finesse when preparing and cooking.
How do you feed crowds cheaply?
How to Feed a Lot of People on a Budget
- Try a hot dog bar. Hot dogs as well as their condiments can be quite inexpensive.
- Get budget savvy with salads.
- Opt for bone in meat.
- Pile on the pizzas.
- Use what is in season.
- Always serve buffet style.
- Opt for drink mixes.
How do you cook large quantities of ground beef?
Bulk Cooking Ground Beef in a Slow Cooker
- Break ground beef up into smaller pieces in the slow cooker.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Let cool and package into smaller portions into freezer bags (don’t forget to label the bags).
How do you brown ground beef for a crowd?
- Allow your meat to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large stainless steel or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the meat, and use a spatula to break it up into pieces.
- Let the meat brown without touching for about five minutes.
How do you cook steak for a large crowd?
When cooking steak for a group, Voltaggio says it’s best to rely on large, thick-cut steaks instead of trying to juggle multiple individual cuts and cooking each to the exact preference of every guest. Opt for 36- to 42-ounce cuts, and aim to have about five to six ounces of meat per person.
What are some beef recipes that can be doubled for crowds?
Here are some of my beef recipes that can be doubled for large crowds. BBQ Beef pizza is a family favorite! Beef pot roast is one I use for the ranch crew many times!
How do you cook for a crowd?
The easiest way to cook for a crowd: Dump all the ingredients into your pressure cooker, then go live your life. In six hours, you’ve got a soul-warming dinner that’s ready to serve. 7. Chicken and Dumplings (6 servings)
What are the best meats for feeding a crowd?
When you need to feed a crowd, consider this beefy favorite loaded with both fresh and frozen veggies. —Sue Straughan, Prattville, Alabama This is the most elegant, tender beef.
How many people will a roast beef for a crowd serve?
Here is a roast beef recipe from Mennonite Girls Can Cook: Roast Beef For a Crowd. Serves 20-25 people. A fun appetizer from Host The Toast: French Onion Beef Sliders. Makes 24 sliders. Easy beef recipe from Owl Haven: BBQ Beef Meatballs for a crowd. Serves 24. This looks wonderful for cold weather!