What happened to 8tracks com?
TL;DR: The 8tracks platform & brand are now owned & operated by BackBeat Inc., a new startup which acquired a portion of 8tracks’ assets during its wind-down earlier this year. While certain music will not be available due to licensing restrictions, most existing playlists will be available to stream, beginning today.
How do I create a playlist in iTunes?
Create a playlist on your Mac or PC
- Open the Apple Music app or iTunes.
- In the menu bar, choose File > New > Playlist.
- Give your playlist a name.
- Drag and drop music to your playlist in the sidebar.
Can you make Apple Music playlists collaborative?
Create collaborative ‘mixtape’ playlists with your Apple Music friends using Caset. Apple Music lets users create and share playlists with other subscribers, but there’s no way for multiple people to edit the same playlist – so only the playlist creator can add or remove songs from it.
Is 8tracks still active?
Citing difficulties with funding and maintaining royalty payments, 8tracks ceased its services on 31 December 2019. However, on 19 April 2020 8tracks relauched under the new ownership and operation of BackBeat Inc.
How do I export an 8Tracks Playlist to Spotify?
How to transfer playlists from 8Tracks to Spotify?
- Connect 8Tracks (click on it in left panel)
- Select 8Tracks playlists that you want to move (by checking the corresponding box in left of each playlist)
- Select Spotify as the destination (and connect this platform)
- The process starts.
Why can’t I create a new playlist in iTunes?
If File > New > Playlist is greyed out you’re almost certainly looking at your iPod. Select your music (the “two notes” icon, top left of the iTunes window) and the operations to create and work with playlists will become available.
How do I let other people edit my Apple Music playlist?
Follow these steps to get started:
- Create a playlist, as usual.
- Next, right-click its title in the main sidebar and select Collaborative Playlist from the pop-up menu that appears.
- On that same right-click menu, click share to give access to whoever you want to collab with.
How do you add to a collaborative playlist?
Add or remove collaborators in your playlists at any time with these steps:
- Tap the profile pictures under the playlist name.
- Tap. (iOS) / (Android) next to your friend’s name and choose Make collaborator or Remove from playlist.
How do I get 8Tracks to work?
You’ll have to add ‘8tracks.com’ to the whitelist. In Firefox, go to Tools->Add-Ons. Find the plugin and click ‘preferences’. Go to the whitelist tab and add ‘8tracks.com’.
How do I download an 8Tracks playlist?
How to export 8Tracks playlists to Text?
- In your Library, select the Playlists category Playlists Tab.
- Select the playlist to export and use () or right click > Export as File.
- Select Text format to export.
- Click on Download File to save the exported tracklist on your device!
What is an 8tracks playlist?
Each playlist on 8tracks tells a story, and the person who crafted it represents a soul and personality behind the music. 8tracks is the best music app to discover independent rock, hip-hop, electronic, fanmixes and more.
How do I create a playlist in iTunes on my computer?
In the iTunes app on your PC, choose File > New > Playlist. The new playlist appears in the sidebar on the left, below Music (or All) Playlists. Type a name for the playlist. In the iTunes app on your PC, choose any item from the pop-up menu at the top left, then click any option to see items you can add to your playlist.
How do I change the Order of items in an iTunes playlist?
In the iTunes app on your PC, select a playlist in the sidebar on the left and do any of the following: In the iTunes app on your PC, select a playlist in the sidebar on the left. Rename the playlist: Select the playlist name at the top of the window, then enter the new name. Change the order of items: Choose View > Sort By.
How do I delete a playlist on iTunes?
In the iTunes app on your PC, do any of the following: Select a playlist in the sidebar on the left, then press the Delete key. Right-click a playlist in the sidebar on the left, then choose Delete from Library. Click Delete to confirm. In addition to playlists you create, there are playlists created by Apple Music contributors.