What are the six categories that should be included in a resume?
Although there are many options available, there are six basic components that should be included in every resume: Contact Information, Objective, Experience, Education, Skills, and References. Each plays a pivotal role in your introduction to a prospective employer.
What are the 7 sections of a resume?
Terms in this set (7)
- Name and Address. Contact Info .
- Job objective. States the jobs you are applying for.
- Work Experience. Includes job title, dates, tasks performed.
- Education. Formal training .
- Honors & activities. Recognition and leisure interest that relates to the job you want.
- Special Skills.
What are four critical parts to a resume?
Key Elements of a Resume
- Personal Information. Name Current and Permanent address (may be omitted from a resume posted on the web)
- Objective. In one short sentence summarize your goal for your job search.
- Education. High school name.
- Work and Related Experience.
- Awards and Honors.
- References (3-5 people)
Do you put references on a resume or cover letter?
No, you are not supposed to put references on a resume Employers usually won’t ask for this information until you’re further along in the interview process, and they know you’ll provide references if they request them.
What you should never put on your resume?
Things not to put on your resume
- Too much information.
- A solid wall of text.
- Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Inaccuracies about your qualifications or experience.
- Unnecessary personal information.
- Your age.
- Negative comments about a former employer.
- Details about your hobbies and interests.
Do References go on a resume?
Job references should never be included on a resume. Rarely, however, references may be included with a resume, but always put them on a separate references page.
How do you write references in a cover letter?
Your name, address, and phone number should appear at the top of your reference list. It should be printed on resume paper. “References” should appear on the page, followed by 3-5 contacts. Include the individual’s name, title, work address and phone number, and e-mail address, if applicable.