Is CodeIgniter GOOD FOR REST API?
Codeigniter is a well known framework for PHP application development. However, in the cases where the application needs to communicate across platforms, you do need a RESTful API. In almost all cases, REST API is an essential component of apps deployed on any PHP web hosting.
How create API in PHP CI?
so let’s follow bellow step to create restful api.
- Step 1: Create items Table.
- Step 2: Create rest.php config file.
- Step 3: Create libraries files.
- Step 4: Create API Controller.
How JWT is implemented in CodeIgniter?
CodeIgniter 4 JSON Web Token(JWT) Authentication
- 1 Step 1: Install CodeIgniter 4.
- 2 Step 2: Change CodeIgniter Environment.
- 3 Step 3: Configure Database.
- 4 Step 4: Create A Model and Migration.
- 5 Step 5: Install JWT Package.
- 6 Step 6: Create Controllers.
- 7 Step 7: Create Controller Filter.
- 8 Step 8: Register Routes.
How do I create a restful API?
How to Design a REST API
- Identify the resources – Object Modeling. The very first step in designing a REST API-based application is – identifying the objects which will be presented as resources.
- Create Model URIs.
- Determine Resource Representations.
- Assigning HTTP Methods.
- More Actions.
What is restful API in PHP?
REST (Representational State Transfer) is an API that defines a set of functions that programmers can use to send requests and receive responses using the HTTP protocol methods such as GET and POST.
How do I run a CI project?
CodeIgniter is installed in four steps:
- Unzip the package.
- Upload the CodeIgniter folders and files to your server. Normally the index.
- Open the application/config/config. php file with a text editor and set your base URL.
- If you intend to use a database, open the application/config/database.
What is API integration in PHP?
An Application Programming Interface, or API, defines the classes, methods, functions and variables that your application will need to call in order to carry out its desired task. In the case of PHP applications that need to communicate with databases the necessary APIs are usually exposed via PHP extensions.
What is REST API in Codeigniter 4?
This is a comprehensive Codeigniter REST API example. In this tutorial, we are learning how to create REST API in Codeigniter 4 application from starting. REST is a defines a set of rules that makes the communication between multiple programs.
How do I create a secure API in CodeIgniter?
Create a new CodeIgniter project using Composer. This will create a new CodeIgniter project within a folder named ci-secure-api. Once the installation is completed, move into the newly created project folder from the terminal and run the application on the local development server that comes installed with CodeIgniter.
What is the use of CodeIgniter in web development?
In Today, As we know codeigniter is a php framework. So many of the developer choose codeigniter to create rest api for mobile app developing. Yes Web services is a very important when you create web and mobile developing, because you can create same database and work with same data.
How to create a new database in phpMyAdmin using CodeIgniter?
Open PHPMyAdmin and create a new database. Inside the demo database, create a new table employees where all the values will be stored using RESTful API. If you don’t know how to connect codeigniter with MySQL database.