How do you fix the Save As in AutoCAD?
Try the following:
- Use command AUDIT to repair the drawing.
- Use SAVEAS or WBLOCK to create a new file.
- If the drawing immediately shows the error when saved, insert the drawing into a new one created from a default template. For example, you could use the acad.
- See also: How to repair corrupt AutoCAD files.
How do I display dialog box in CAD?
To Display Hidden Messages and Dialog Boxes
- Click Application button Options.
- In the Options dialog box, System tab, under General Options, click Hidden Messages Settings.
- In the Hidden Message Settings dialog box, select the dialog boxes or messages that should no longer be hidden.
Where did my dialog box go?
Here is how to fix it: After accessing the tool/command to open a dialog box/window, press [Alt]+[Spacebar], then press M, then press any arrow key on your keyboard. This will “stick” the dialog box/window to your cursor. Move the mouse around until the dialog box/window is placed where you want it located.
How do I change the save location in AutoCAD?
Do the following:
- Right-click the AutoCAD shortcut icon located on the desktop and click Properties.
- In the Start in field, enter the desired folder path (example: C:\Drawings).
- Launch AutoCAD.
- Type REMEMBERFOLDERS in the command line.
- Enter 0 to turn it off.
How do I change the default save location in AutoCAD?
Why is AutoCAD not saving?
To resolve the issue, do the following: Change the save path in OPTIONS to a valid location (see Change default location for automatic save files | AutoCAD). Sometimes, changing the autosave time restores the program to acknowledge the feature again.
How do you show a dialog box?
To display a dialog box
- Navigate to the event handler with which you want to open the dialog box. This can happen when a menu command is selected, when a button is clicked, or when any other event occurs.
- In the event handler, add code to open the dialog box.
How do I get a hidden dialog box?
How do I change where Autodesk is installed?
Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > select installed Autodesk Suite programs and uninstall them. After uninstalling those programs, proceed with the install per General installation workflow for Autodesk Products and when asked, modify the program installation location.
Does AutoCAD auto save?
Solution: By default, AutoCAD creates a backup file when saving and does an autosave that occurs every 10 minutes.
How to get dialog box in AutoCAD LT?
You can still request a file dialog box to appear by entering a tilde (~) in response to the Command prompt. Displays dialog boxes. However, if a script is active, an ordinary prompt is displayed. Prompts are also displayed if an AutoLISP or ObjectARX™ program is active. (Not applicable to AutoCAD LT.) To add you can look over this AKN article .
How do I get a dialog box to appear in AutoLISP?
You can still request a file dialog box to appear by entering a tilde (~) in response to the Command prompt. Displays dialog boxes. However, if a script is active, an ordinary prompt is displayed. Prompts are also displayed if an AutoLISP or ObjectARX™ program is active.
How to save file in AutoCAD with new name?
When using SAVEAS command to save the file with a new name, the command bar shows only options for previous versions, LT / DXF, or it prompts file formats next the cursor. Current file format: AutoCAD 2018 Drawing. The System Variable FILEDIA value is set to 0. Enter FILEDIA in the command line and press enter. Enter 1 in the command line.
How do I get a dialog box to appear in Linux?
You can still request a file dialog box to appear by entering a tilde (~) in response to the Command prompt. Displays dialog boxes. However, if a script is active, an ordinary prompt is displayed.