How do I reset my Time Capsule to factory settings?
- Disconnect the base station from power.
- While holding down the reset button, plug the base station into power and continue to hold the reset button for about 5 seconds, until you see the three status lights turn on. Then release the button.
How do I do a soft reset on Apple Time Capsule?
- Make sure that the base station is connected to power.
- Press and hold the reset button for 1 second, then release the button.
- From the Wi-Fi status menu in the menu bar, choose the Wi-Fi network created by your base station.
- Open AirPort Utility, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
How do I reset my Time Capsule password without losing data?
Go to the back of your TimeCapsule and press the reset button for 1 second with the pen. This will give you 5 minutes to access TimeCapsule without needing a password. Open your Airport Utility (Applications –> Utilities –> Airport Utility) to update the password to a new one.
Why is my Time Capsule blinking yellow?
A blinking yellow (Apple calls it “amber”) light is the Apple Airport’s way of getting your attention. It does not necessarily mean the Airport has a problem. Most of the time, it means there’s a firmware update for the Airport.
How do I find the password for my Time Capsule?
Question: Q: Forgot my Time Capsule Password
- Use something pointed (such as a ballpoint pen) to press and hold the reset button for.
- Select your AirPort network.
- Open AirPort Utility.
- Select your AirPort Time Capsule and click Edit.
- Click Base Station and enter a new password for your AirPort Time Capsule.
How do I fix the flashing amber light on my Time Capsule?
Answer:It is often necessary to power off both the Cable Modem and the Apple Time Capsule / Airport Base Station to resolve this issue. Make sure that the Cable Modem is connected to the Time Capsule’s WAN port. When ready, first turn on the Cable Modem then power up the Time Capsule.
How do I fix AirPort Express flashing amber?
If you are unable to resolve the blinking of yellow or amber light on AirPort Extreme or the Apple Router, reset the device and then set it up again. Here’s how you can do it: Press the reset button of the device for one second and release it. After releasing the reset button, the status light on the device will flash.
How do I setup my Time Capsule?
1 Open AirPort Utility, located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder. 2 Select your Time Capsule and click Continue. available wireless devices, and then select your Time Capsule from the list. 3 Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Time Capsule and your wireless network.
How do I get into Time Capsule without password?
How do I change my password on my capsule?
How to update the password
- Click your name in the top menu bar > My Preferences.
- Select Password and Security.
- Enter your current password followed by your new password.
- Save your changes.
How to install and setup your time capsule?
– What You Need To Install Airport Time Capsule – Hardware Install Of Your Apple Time Capsule – Time Capsule’s Software Set Up
How does an Erase my Time Capsule?
– Mount your Time Capsule volume in the Finder. – Open the Data folder. – Find any disk images that correspond to outdated backups and throw those in the Trash. – You may be prompted to empty the trash immediately, because it’s a networked volume. – Eject the volume from the Finder ( Finder > Eject ).
How to back up a time capsule?
Learn about other ways to back up and restore files
How do you dig up the time capsule?
You just return to where you buried it and use the shovel on the dig spot. You will need to have a free letter spot, since the time capsule is stored as a letter, not an item.