How do I make emails go to a specific folder in Thunderbird?
Create a new filter
- Click the Application menu button.
- Click New.
- In the “Filter Name” field, type a name for your filter.
- Under “Apply filter when”, check one of the options or both.
- In the “Getting New Mail: ” dropdown menu, choose either Filter before Junk Classification or Filter after Junk Classification.
How do I automatically forward emails in Thunderbird?
In the left pane of the Options window, select the Composition tab. Select the Forward Messages drop-down arrow. Choose Inline to forward messages in the body of the email window. Select As Attachment to forward all messages as attachments to emails.
How do I manage emails in Thunderbird?
14 Thunderbird tips to help you take control of your inbox
- Filter messages into folders.
- Back up and restore your mail and contacts.
- Work faster with mail templates.
- Tag your messages.
- Compact messages.
- Make attachments as small as possible.
- Encrypt emails.
- Use IMAP rather than POP3.
How do I turn off email forwarding in Thunderbird?
How to Turn Off Mail Redirect in Thunderbird
- Launch Thunderbird, then click “Tools” and “Add-Ons.”
- Click “Mail Redirect” from the list of extensions.
- Click “Uninstall” to remove and turn off Mail Redirect.
- Restart Thunderbird to finish removing Mail Redirect.
How do I forward multiple emails in Thunderbird?
Highlight multiple emails, right-click, then select “One-by-One Forward”. This extension will allow you to forward the selected emails, one-by-one, to the recipients you specify using your choice of attachment handling.
Where are Thunderbird emails stored?
The file is located in the application data folder for Thunderbird: The path is %AppData%\Thunderbird\ for Windows.
How do I move a folder up and down in Thunderbird?
Left click on folder you want to move and hold down to grab folder. Drag to hover over either the mail account name for a top level position or hover over a folder to drop as a subfolder. Release mouse to drop into position. Left click on folder you want to move and hold down to grab folder.
How do I change the layout of Thunderbird?
Change Inbox View
- Open Thunderbird.
- Click the Menu button to the right of the search bar (three horizontal lines)
- Select Preferences.
- From the bottom of the preferences menu, select Layout (For Windows: choose Options menu)
- From Layout, your options are:
How do I forward email from Thunderbird to Gmail?
What to Know
- In Thunderbird, go to folder with emails. Highlight them. Right-click a message. Select Copy To > [Gmail address] > [destination folder].
- You must have Gmail set up as an IMAP account in Thunderbird to import email.
How do I forward email from Thunderbird to Outlook?
How to Export Thunderbird emails to Outlook using the drag and drop method
- Open your Mozilla Thunderbird software. To export thunderbird to outlook emails, open your Mozilla Thunderbird software.
- Select the messages to export.
- Choose a destination Folder.
- Import your emails to Outlook.
How do I change the default mail folder location in Thunderbird?
Start Thunderbird and go to “Tools -> Account Settings -> [account name] -> Server Settings”. Where it says “Local directory”, click on the “Browse…” button to select the folder you created in step 2. Click the “OK” button and verify that the “Local directory” field shows the correct path to the new storage location of your mail.
What is the mailredirect extension for Thunderbird?
The Mailredirect extension for Mozilla Thunderbird and Mozilla SeaMonkey adds the ability to redirect one or more email messages to one or more recipients. The feature of email redirecting is also known as remailing or resending. Not all email providers support redirection of messages.
How to archive Thunderbird emails to local folder?
If Thunderbird account is configured with IMAP protocol, the user can archive the selected emails from Thunderbird mail folders to the local folders using the following steps: Open Thunderbird application on system.
How to migrate emails from Thunderbird to Outlook?
However, they do not wish to delete the emails too as data can be needed at any moment. So, the best possible way that comes into the mind of users is to archive emails from Thunderbird account and save them to local folder which can be migrated from MBOX format to Outlook if required.