How do I install Synaptics TouchPad driver on HP laptop?
35.41 (or later).
- Open Device Manager.
- Scroll down and expand Mice and other pointing devices > Synaptics Touchpad.
- Right-click on Synaptics Touchpad and select Properties.
- Select the Driver tab.
- Confirm the Synaptics driver is 19.5. 35.41 (or later). Synaptics Touchpad in Device Manager.
How do I download Synaptics TouchPad driver?
1) Go to Synaptics Resources Center. 2) Scroll down, you should then see the TouchPad Driver Support under Drivers pane. 3) Find Windows 10, then click Download. 4) Un-zip the downloaded zip file to find and install the driver for your Synaptics touchpad.
How do I reinstall HP TouchPad driver?
Check For Computer Driver Updates
- Press the Windows key and press R.
- Type devmgmt.
- Expand the “Mice and other pointing devices” window.
- Press enter on the “Synaptics” device and tab over on the window until you open the “Drivers” tab.
- Select update driver and automatically update the driver.
How do I install TouchPad drivers on Windows 7?
- Click Start.
- Right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- At the left pane, click Device Manager.
- Double-click the Mice and other pointing devices category.
- Double-click Lenovo Pointing Devices.
- Click the Driver tab.
- Check Driver Version.
What is synaptics driver?
The synaptics pointing device driver is the default driver for the trackpads on most laptops models. In short, this is the software that allows you to use the touchpad to move the mouse cursor around.
Why is my synaptics touchpad not working?
If your touchpad isn’t working, it may be a result of a missing or out-of-date driver. Updating or reinstalling your touchpad drivers in Device Manager may help solve the problem. To open Device Manager, type device manager in the search box on the taskbar, then select Device Manager.
How do I fix my touchpad on my HP laptop Windows 7?
Fix 1: Enable Touchpad via Settings on Your HP Laptop Windows 7
- Click on “Start” on your HP laptop Windows 7.
- Now, open the “Control Panel”.
- Click twice on “Mouse”.
- In the “Device Settings” tab, enable the touchpad.
- Now, try to use your HP laptop’s touchpad. It will work flawlessly now.
Is the Synaptics touchpad driver really needed?
“Synaptics Touchpad Driver” is essential software for running and operating Synaptics Touchpad on laptops or Notebooks, is required to communicate your Synaptics Touchpad with your Operating System (OS) version installed.
What is the best touchpad driver?
Checking touchpad drivers
How to install touchpad drivers?
Go to Synaptics Resources Center.
How to configure Synaptics touchpad settings?
Option One: Enable and Configure or Disable MultiFinger Gestures for Precision Touchpad in Settings