How do I find out where someone is buried in Oklahoma?
To search for cemeteries at the town level, follow directions below.
- Go to the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Enter: Oklahoma in the Place box.
- Click on: Search.
- Click on: Cemeteries.
- Click on: Places within Oklahoma.
- Click on the county you want to search.
- Click on Places within United States, Oklahoma, county name.
What is the oldest cemetery in Oklahoma?
The Tishomingo City Cemetery is one of the oldest cemeteries in Oklahoma, being founded around 1832. The cemetery was originally an Indian burial ground established while Native Americans were encamped on Pennington Creek.
How many cemeteries are in Oklahoma?
Oklahoma cemeteries. There are 149 cemeteries and burial services in Oklahoma.
What is the oldest cemetery in Oklahoma City?
Over my winter holiday in Oklahoma City, my friend Sara and I went exploring in Fairlawn Cemetery, which is the oldest cemetery in Oklahoma City. It was established in 1892, about fifteen years before Oklahoma achieved statehood in 1907, in what was formerly a cornfield.
How many national cemeteries are there in Oklahoma?
Veteran Burials This benefit saves your family up to $14,500. The 131 national cemeteries are available for qualified honorably discharged American veterans. Let us assist you with verification of eligibility.
How many cemeteries are in Oklahoma City?
40 cemeteries in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
How do you find out where a person has been buried?
Find a Grave
- Go to www.Findagrave.com.
- Enter the first name (if known) and the last name of your ancestor. The last name is required.
- Enter any additional information, if known, such as year of birth and the place your ancestor may be buried. If you don’t know this information, simply leave the field blank.