How do I display system information in BIOS?
Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens. Press f10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility. Select the File tab, use the down arrow to select System Information, and then press enter to locate the BIOS revision (version) and date.
What BIOS options are available on the main screen?
3.1 BIOS Main Menu Screens. The BIOS Main screens provide general product information, including BIOS, processor, system memory, and system time/date.
How can I customize my BIOS?
How to Configure the BIOS Using the BIOS Setup Utility
- Enter the BIOS Setup Utility by pressing the F2 key while the system is performing the power-on self-test (POST).
- Use the following keyboard keys to navigate the BIOS Setup Utility:
- Navigate to the item to be modified.
- Press Enter to select the item.
How do I configure boot options?
How to Change the Boot Order
- Step 1: Turn on or Restart Your Computer.
- Step 2: Enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
- Step 3: Find the Boot Order Options in BIOS.
- Step 4: Make Changes to the Boot Order.
- Step 5: Save Your BIOS Changes.
- Step 6: Confirm Your Changes.
- Step 7: Start the Computer.
How do I change BIOS settings without display?
Reset the CMOS by using the jumper (if you have a jumper for that on the motherboard) or by removing the cell battery from the motherboard for a while (half hour, maybe) then reinserting it; that should clear the CMOS and reset the BIOS to factory defaults.
How do I change BIOS settings in Windows?
How to enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu.
- Select Update & Security.
- Select Recovery from the left menu.
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Click Restart.
How do I get into the BIOS?
I believe on your model, press + F8 (Hold down Function key while pressing F8 Key). This toggles the display between built-in and the external video connector. Pressing the F2 key after you Power ON the PC should bring you into the BIOS setup screen.
What is the default screen for the BIOS?
Laptops defaults to the internal screen as the main screen, and BIOS shows up only on the main screen. Desktops with dedicated GPU and iGPU default to whatever is plugged into the dedicated GPU as the main screen.
What are the topics covered in the BIOS?
The following topics are covered: BIOS Main Menu Screens BIOS Advanced Menu Screens BIOS PCI Menu Screens BIOS Boot Menu Screens BIOS Security Menu Screens BIOS Chipset Menu Screens BIOS Exit Menu Screens E.3.1 BIOS Main Menu Screens
What can I do on the BIOS setup and exit menu?
Chipset View the configuration of server chipsets. BIOS Chipset Menu Screens Exit Save changes and exit, discard changes and exit, discard changes, or load optimal or fail-safe defaults. BIOS Exit Menu Screens See BIOS Setup Utility Menu Screensfor examples of each of these screens.