Can you drive with a P0711 code?
Driving with the P0711 code is not advised. In some cases, the P0711 may indicate a transmission problem, so it’s recommended that you take your vehicle to a repair shop for diagnosis and repair as soon as possible. Other TFT sensor-related trouble codes include the P0710, P0712, P0713, and P0714.
How do I fix code P0712?
What Repairs Will Fix P0712?
- Install a new transmission fluid temperature sensor.
- Change dirty transmission fluid.
- Change transmission filter.
- Fix transmission fluid leaks.
- Fix shorts in the wiring and/or damage.
- Fix corroded or damaged connectors.
How do I fix code P0711?
What repairs can fix the P0711 code?
- Fill transmission fluid to manufacturer recommended levels.
- Perform a transmission fluid service, if needed.
- Repair any transmission fluid leaks.
- Repair loose or damaged electrical wiring and related connectors.
- Replace damaged or defective transmission temperature sensor.
What is code P0711?
Transmission Fluid temperature circuit
The P0711 code is a generic powertrain code related to the transmission, including sensor failures and pressure faults. In this case, it means that the engine control module (ECM) or powertrain control module (PCM) has detected a fault or error with the Transmission Fluid temperature circuit.
What does error code p0711 mean?
Code P0711 is set when the PCM detects a performance problem with the transmission fluid temperature sensor. An example of a transmission fluid temperature sensor: Related trans fluid temperature sensor “A” circuit codes:
What are the symptoms of a p0711 engine code?
Symptoms of a P0711 engine code may include: Causes for this trouble code may include: Begin by visually inspecting the transmission fluid temperature sensor and the corresponding wiring. Look for loose connections, damaged wiring, etc.
What does the diagnostic trouble code DTC mean on a jeep?
This diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is a generic powertrain code, which means it applies to OBD-II equipped vehicles which have a transmission fluid temperature sensor (Jeep, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Infiniti, Acura, Jaguar, Lexus, etc.). Although generic, the exact repair steps may vary depending on make/model.