Are Kohler shower trims interchangeable?
You can coordinate the same style and finish across all components, trim and fittings, as well as faucets and accessories, or you can mix and match.
How do you remove the trim from a Kohler shower faucet?
Trim with Plug Buttons
- Using a flat-blade screwdriver, gently pry the plug button from the front of the valve trim.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, unthread the screw and remove the handle and adaptor from the valve stem.
- If applicable, rotate the cover counterclockwise to remove.
- Slide the sleeve off the valve.
Is it hard to replace shower trim kit?
Installing valve trim is a task simple enough that conceivably—if all goes according to plan, of course—you could finish the job before you begin your morning shower routine. Even beginning do-it-yourselfers ought to have no problem with the step-by-step instructions that follow.
Can you mix and match shower trim?
Shower Trim You can coordinate the same style and finish across all components, trim and fittings, as well as faucets and accessories, or you can mix and match.
Does shower trim have to match valve?
You need to match the trim exactly with the make and model of your shower valve. If you’re not sure what models are compatible with your valve, consult your manufacturer’s website or reach out to them directly.
Can you replace shower trim without replacing valve?
The handle and trim for the tub/shower controls can also usually be replaced without redoing any plumbing by using a universal replacement kit (available for most brands at home centers and plumbing supply stores).
How do you replace shower knobs?
How to Replace a Shower Handle
- Step 1: Turn off water supply.
- Step 2: Unscrew set screw.
- Step 3: Remove handle from valve.
- If handle is corroded: Add plumber’s lubricant.
- Step 4: Remove trim plate.
- Step 5: Wrap faucet stem with Teflon tape.
- Step 6: Screw handle in place.
- Step 7: Replace trim plate.
Can you replace a shower cartridge with a different brand?
Cartridges aren’t interchangeable among different faucets, so if you decide you need a replacement, you need to know its part number so you can order it from your plumbing supplier or online. That number is usually available on the manufacturer’s website in the online version of the owner’s manual for your faucet.